Firm News and Successes on behalf of
Please note that our new address is:
231 South LaSalle St.
Chicago, IL 60604
- Successfully represented a respondent in an adverserial hearing before the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services.
- Partner Frank Venis is now the secretary of the Illinois State Bar Association General Practice, Solo & Small Practice committee.
- Successfully represented several landlords at residential eviction cases.
- Won a monetary judgment for a homeowner after a bench trial in a breach of contract case.
- Successfully represented landlord at a residential eviction case.
- Successfully represented a petitioner in a criminal expungement.
- Prepared a student for an administrative hearing that resulted in her being reinstated to a graduate degree program.
- Partner Frank Venis acted as a judge at a national mock trial competition for undergraduate students in St. Charles, Illinois
- Successfully defended several defendants on misdemeanor charges.
- Successfully represented a defendant on felony battery charges.
- Won a small-claims trial on behalf of a small business owner in a breach of contract case.
- Successfully represented a criminal defendant against a battery charge.
- Successfully represented a home owner in a city housing code case.
- Acted as local counsel during a successful residential short sale.
- Negotiated a small claims settlement on behalf of a small business owner.
- Acted as co-counsel on a successful appeal that reversed a decision by a probate court.
- Successfully negotiated a settlement on behalf of an education law plaintiff before a federal magistrate judge.
- Negotiatied a settlment for monetary damages on behalf of a home buyer related to a residential real estate transation.
- Successfully argued in an appeal to have a ruling by a bankruptcy court vacated by the federal district court.
- Represented a landlord in a successful residential eviction process.
- Negotiated a payment plan with a long delinquent customer on behalf of a manufacturing company.
- Overturned a default judgment against a corporate client in a municipal court proceeding.
- Negotiated a settlement to the benefits of a life insurance policy before a federal magistrate judge.
- Successfully advocated for an elementary student's right to alternative education accomodations at a school board discplinary hearing.
- Successfully lobbied the mayor and zoning board of a suburban municipality on behalf of a business seeking a zoning variance.
- Won a motion to re-open a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy case on behalf of a commercial debtor.
- Won a dismissal with prejudice for a defendant in an adversarial bankruptcy case.
- Negotiated a six-figure settlement on behalf of a manufacturer plaintiff for a breach of contract claim.
- Successfully negotiated an employment contract for a physician with a major Chicago hospital.